***First: Remember Memorial Day is around the corner. Say thanks to a soldier/sailor/airman etc (or former soldier), offer a special prayer for those in harms way, do something (bring a treat to a recruiting office, donate to a military support group – plenty to choose from at AmerricaSupportsYou.mil)***
OK, on to that special number we can all use:
Are you one of the “little people” who is having a tough time getting through to your Senators? Or maybe you just want an easier way to call them without having to ‘hold’ while paying long distance charges. Well, here is the ‘VIP’ line you, too, can use:
The line is actually a hotline established by a pro-amnesty group (Malkin gives background on the organization), and the line works very well – I used it and rapidly made contact with both Senator offices. You will hear a message in Spanish, press 1 (for your senior Senator – Hatch) or 2 (for your junior Senator – Bennett) at anytime during this first message. You will then here a brief message be asked to press 1 again (you can press 1 at anytime during this second message). You will then be connected. HotAir also has Audio of the Spanish Version.
Now some other stories –
- Hugh Hewitt has linked up a really good Houston Chronicle series entitled “Breaching America” – the series details the entry of some illegal aliens who originated from “countries with jihadist networks”.
- Latest (and last) Part in the Series: ‘I’ve Made it To America‘
- Sen. Coleman’s Anti-Sanctuary Bill Defeated
- Re: The White House Response to The Corner – amnesty for illegal immigrant gang members
- Public alerts Senate on immigration bill – huge reaction opposing the bill
- Chertoff smears those opposing the bill
- Congress Passes Iraq Funding (finally)
- House Roll Call and Senate Roll Call (How your Representative and Senator voted) – [UPDATE] note: Enzi, Coburn and Burr voted ‘nay’ due to pork that remained in the bill. In the House, Cannon and Matheson supported the pork amendment, while Bishop voted against it (kudos to Rob Bishop).
- ‘Mookie’ Sadr reappears in Iraq – don’t know how long he’ll stay before hiding again
- [UPDATE] More information and links on Sadr’s appearance.
- One of Mookie’s top militants is neutralized by the Brits
- [UPDATE] MNFIraq Youtube Video of beautiful ‘t-wall’ murals
Islam Vs. Islamists:
- PBS to air Islam vs Islamists (there is a deal in the works, I don’t count this as a sure thing, however).