Basically, two links:
The Victory Caucus has been relaunched. If you are interested in a news story, blog, and data clearinghouse (maps, metrics etc) on the war (including Afghanistan), this, now, looks like a good place to go:
Welcome to the new Victory Caucus!
With this new design, we hope to come closer to our goal of being a one-stop-shop for anyone interested in learning about what’s really going on in the war. New features include:
- Integrated maps and charts. Check out our metrics page, or the Major Operations Map , which shows information on the significant offensive operations that have kicked off recently.
- Automatic aggregation of official US news sources, including MNF-Iraq , Centcom , and DoD .
- Exerpts and links to the latest blog posts from key new media sources like Michael Yon, Michael Totten, Bill Roggio and Blackfive.net
- Document library including documents such as the latest status reports from DoD and the State Department
- A full-text search engine that includes all content on the site — including PDF’s in the document library
And this is just the start; many more new features and content to come. Please take a look around, and let us know what you think!
Michael Yon has also posted a very interesting dispatch. The dispatch discusses a meeting held between US commanders and former insurgent commanders (now cooperating with coalition forces) in Baqubah: 7 Rules: 1 Oath