I was not in the #NeverTrump camp, quite the contrary. Am I happy he won? Sure, we have temporarily dodged a bullet. I’m not going to rain on anyone’s parade so despite writing this the day Trump became President-elect, I held off posting this until today.
Let’s start with the good. Trump’s election shows that the electorate (particularly the blue-collar middle class) has soundly rejected:
- Crony capital schemes (on a national level, at least) – Enough with the sweetheart deals for the politically connected. Nobody has ever liked them and everyone is sick of getting them shoved down their throats by the political class.
- Obamacare – Trump was clear on this and people have been clear on it for years after everyone was forced to eat that crap sandwich via unconstitutional and unethical congressional maneuvers. Much of this goes hand-in-hand with the point on crony capital schemes.
- Political correctness and the politically correct despots (“Social Justice Warriors”) – I never bought into the SJW tyrants and their ‘good for thee not for me’ rules. That includes their media enforcers.
Certainly, SJWs and their main stream media enforcers will continue to try to personally destroy anyone who opposes their absurd rules. They’ll also continue to try and extort businesses into capitulation. But maybe this indicates a turning point of people finally telling them to pound sand and returning to the capability to vehemently disagree and understanding that being offended isn’t a crime. I also hope this will indicate a willingness to take people on their intents (everyone misspeaks and says stuff they regret in the heat of a moment) rather than solely seeking to set traps and savage them with innuendo and effectively strangle free-speech* (critical to a nation’s health).
- The elite and their double standards – People are tired of the ivory tower dwellers telling us they know how to run our lives better than we do. Basically, see the above for starters. Glaring examples include exemptions from laws that affect others (eg insider trading) and all the crony back-room deals and preferential treatment in economics and media. The incestuous Washington DC cabal needs to end. Succinctly, Drain The Swamp!
- Open borders – People are not at all interested in open borders. While Americans are compassionate, we aren’t foolish and willing to trash the nation. If you kill the goose, you have no golden eggs to be compassionate with. Both illegal and legal immigration need to be addressed (including “anchor baby” rules – no more birth tourism and auto citizenship for those illegally here). Build the wall (and pass E-verify) and improve the entry process!
- Oligarchy – People want a real rule of law. They want Lady Justice blind. Hillary represented oligarchy with the obvious capricious application (exemption) of laws that would have any other person in prison.
Ok. Now for the rain on the parade. I don’t trust Trump. I have hopes but I don’t trust him and that’s a good thing. As Hamilton said in Federalist 25:
For it is a truth, which the experience of ages has attested, that the people are always most in danger when the means of injuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion.
Trump’s died-in-the-wool supporters and those who voted for him can’t be naive and think the above rejections are on autopilot. Not even close and I don’t trust Trump to fully follow through. SJWs, the media, entrenched politicians and corny capitalists are going to fight like hell so you better plan on doing so as well. Furthermore, I also implore people to not give into the expediency of getting something they want but gauge such through the filter of Constitutional propriety. I plan on fighting Trump if he blows off constitutional bounds ala Obama. Mike Lee and Ted Cruz I hope will also help beat the drum on this as well. Again, this is only the beginning.
The first and most crucial step to national restoration is to repent and turn to God. We need to pray for a return to divine values and righteousness as a nation. Certainly this includes praying for Trump to do so as well but the course of a nation and it’s acceptance of God’s grace and blessings is the duty of the people, not just their leaders. This starts with you.
Along with a return to God, we need a return to constitutional values and respect. The two really goes hand-in-hand. Please read the Constitution, read the Federalist Papers, discuss them with your children, friends and co-workers and press for them to be taught in schools.
Now, let’s go Make America Great Again.
*If unfiltered free speech floats your boat, look at Gab.ai as an alternative to Twitter. Twitter and Facebook have shown themselves to be SJW-dominated (including site ownership/admin) tyrants. Gab gives you the power to set your own filters (rather than being imposed on you by big brother Jack) and engage as wide or limited points-of-view you desire. And, no, I’m not affiliated with Gab other than just being a user.